Posted: 19.02.21 at 09:01 by Glastonbury Nub News
Firefighters from Glastonbury helped to tackle a chimney fire in Catcott yesterday (February 18) and the incident was described as "difficult".
At around 10am yesterday, a fire engine from Somerton that was returning from the Bridgwater College fire was mobilised to reports of a chimney on fire at a property in King William Road, Catcott.
Crews got to work using chimney gear from the hearth and inspecting the loft space. At 11.20am, crews requested a further fire engine to attend which was sent from Glastonbury who were also returning from the college incident.
Crews confirmed this was a "difficult" chimney and were extinguishing the fire from the roof using working-at-height equipment, chimney gear, a thermal imaging camera and small tools.
The fire was confirmed extinguished at 12.30pm.