News in Glastonbury

Subscribe to our FREE WEEKLY Newsletter!

Keep your town in your pocket.

Date: 22.01.2019
Time: 08:15
Location: Old Frome Road, Wells

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received reports from our colleagues at Avon & Somerset Police of a two vehicle Road Traffic Collision where one person was believed to still be trapped.

On arrival, the Incident Commander confirmed a Road Traffic Collision involving two vehicles where there was one person trapped within the vehicle.

Continue Reading

Date: 06.01.2019
Time: 11:22
Location: Paradise Road, Glastonbury

One pump from Glastonbury station was mobilised to Paradise Road following a call reporting a vehicle on fire.
On arrival crews found a car with a fire well alight within the engine compartment and dashboard. Crews set to work using two breathing apparatus sets and one compressed air foam jet. They also used a fog spike to penetrate the dashboard to suppress the fire.
At 12:12 the officer in charge of the pump confirmed the fire had been extinguished in all affected areas of the car. The fire, which is believed to have started in the heating element, destroyed the engine compartment.

Continue Reading

Date: 25.12.2018
Time: 14:11
Location: St Michaels Close, Glastonbury

The Fire Service were called to a report of an oven on fire within a property at the above location.  One fire engine from Glastonbury and one fire engine from Street attended this incident.  On arrival crews confirmed that one female casualty had been rescued by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and was suffering from smoke inhalation.
This was a fire within a kitchen of a two storey domestic semi detached property consisting of brick and tile construction.  Fire in the oven involving a cardboard pizza box.  One female rescued by the Fire Service who were wearing Breathing Apparatus. One attack jet, one safety jet, two positive pressure fans, thermal imaging camera and a CO2 extinguisher. Damage sustained to electric oven and cardboard box destroyed by fire.  Crews used a positive pressure fan to clear smoke on the ground floor and the garage.
The cause of the fire was accidental.

Continue Reading

Date: 24.12.2018
Time: 03:57
Location: Asney Road, Walton, Street

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a call reporting a carbon monoxide alarm sounding at the above location.

On arrival the incident commander confirmed the carbon monoxide alarms sounding and instructed a breathing apparatus team to enter the property with a carbon monoxide to locate the cause of the alarm.

Continue Reading

Showing 2791 to 2800 of 2975 results

Nub News Logo

Sign-up to the Glastonbury Nub News weekly newsletter

Subscribe now for weekly updates of local news and sport from your town. Plus what's on near where you live - and local homes for sale. All delivered straight to your in-box, every Friday.

We won't pass your details on to anyone else. By clicking the sign-up button you agree to our Privacy Policy.