Glastonbury firefighters tackle chimney fire in Compton Bishop

  Posted: 14.09.21 at 10:49 by Glastonbury Nub News

us on Facebook




Firefighters from Glastonbury were among three crews called to tackle chimney fire in Compton Bishop last night (September 13).

Just before 8.45pm, Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Control received a call to a property in Compton Bishop stating that the chimney from a wood burning stove was on fire.

A fire engine was mobilised from Cheddar Fire Station to investigate, and this was joined by one from Burnham-on-Sea.

Once on the scene, crews confirmed they had located hot spots within an unused chimney breast on both the first and ground floors of the property.

Crews requested the attendance of the heavy rescue vehicle from Glastonbury Fire Station for the Flexi Cam to check for any potential fire spread through the cavity walls.

The crews successfully extinguished the fire within the chimney using chimney rods and equipment, SDS drills to drill into the the chimney breast, two thermal imaging cameras and a Flexi Camera.

The cause of the fire was stated as being accidental.

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
The Glastonbury building contractors Melhuish and Saunders have completed their work on the new drainage system and toilets at Brookside Academy in St...
Read more...

Upcoming Glastonbury Event...

The Drystones in concert! 7.30pm

The Drystones are a young (just 21) lively folk duo from Easton and Priddy playing violin, guitar and whistle, who have made a big splash since they f...



Event

Share: